Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Real Me

This year has many new steps in the writing journey for me. My first trade (it's kind of a big deal!) releases in July. And I'm writing for two new publishers...getting pushed in my writing in ways that is making me better.

But I've also been working hard on the marketing side. That means taking steps and doing the hard work of figuring out who I am.

I don't know about you, but that isn't easy for me. There's a strong people pleasing side to me and I've always been able to sense the "right" answers to questions...know what I mean?

So I've brought some people around me to help me dig deep.

It's actually been an exciting process as we've refined who I am as a speaker and writer. The theme was there. I actually did know it, but I needed help to mine it from its hiding place. You can see the results at my revamped website.

You see, I'm convinced Satan doesn't want us to know who we are. Or to truly get it. At the heart level. Because when we do, we are willing to do things for God that would seem impossible. But as He reveals who He created us to be and who we are in Him, a freedom and strength is released that has us running to tackle challenges and dreams.

So today my challenge to you: dig deep. Ask God who He sees when He looks at you. And be amazed!

1 comment:

  1. Cara,

    Congratulations on the good things coming your way, pushing you to grow as a writer. God is undertaking to help you identify the real you.

    Thank you for this piece. I certainly am not as far along in my writing career as you, but I understand what you're going through. May He continue to bless you on the journey.

    Write on!

    Because of Him,
    Sharon Kirk Clifton
    http://writersharonkirkclifton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete